How time flies. And time again for some New Year resolutions.
And what better place to post up my music-related resolutions for this year than on this blog!
For 2010 I resolve to:
- Write new original music -- This one's been on my mind for the last couple of years, but I just never got around to it. I'd also been planning to write some vocal tunes, and not just instrumentals -- just because. No major commercial intentions here. I just feel it's time to go in a more vocal-oriented direction.
- Put a band together, find a great singer and just get out there and play that new music! -- Some music festivals overseas would be nice.
- Brush up on my sightreading -- I was actually a better sightreader when I was 18, just because I was doing it so much! This is just one of those things where you have to lock yourself in a room, hunker down with tons of reading material and just do it. Now where did I put Louis Bellson's Syncopation Studies and those Bach Violin Partitas?
- Expand my jazz repertoire -- I plan on memorizing one new standard tune a week, purely for self-satisfaction and so I can ditch the Real Book for good.
- Develop my jazz chord-melody playing.
- Start writing the first module of my Jazz Improvisation E-Book!
- Further expand and improve my personal teaching syllabus -- I have some great and very promising students. They deserve the best that I can offer.
- Continue to add quality content and grow The Guitar Column, because you dear reader, also deserve the best I can possibly offer!
Hi Clinton, Thanks for sharing your resolutions. Some good inspiration there...ReplyDelete